Mom Knows Best

Useful information intended for college students and graduates starting out on their own, from daily living tips, to recipes, freebies, budgeting and much, much more.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Pandora and Others: Internet Radio Just a Click Away

I imagine most college students, if not all, are familiar with Pandora.com, which provides free Internet radio, personalized to your music tastes.

Truth be told, Pandora escaped me until just a few weeks ago when my parents, who are in their 80's, scooped me about the site. Within an hour of their mentioning it, we were immediately introduced to Pandora when we overheard some terrific Motown music playing nearby and learned the source was Pandora. We all had to laugh.

That was one of those moments I mentioned in last week's Hookah posting about how you may never have heard of something and then suddenly it keeps reappearing in the unlikeliest of places. I know there's a term for that, but it escapes me.

Since then I have enjoyed checking out Pandora. I also learned that both my kids have known about and used this site for quite some time. I was not surprised. My kids and my parents - - how did that sneak by me?

While my blog is geared toward college students, it is also subscribed to by their parents and others. I thought it was time to bring all of us up to speed on Pandora. In addition to enjoying Pandora on the web, you can also listen to it on your mobile phone. Check it out.

I know there are a number of online music sites. A few sites to consider include:
Live365 Internet Radio
AccuRadio
Yahoo! Music

Some sites have commercials, and some specialize in specific music venues (e.g. rock). I would be curious to hear back from you with information regarding other recommended sites. Clue me in so we can all reap the benefits of some terrific online listening. Thanks.

Please Note: If you are reading a posting from this blog through sources other than a subscription, you can find additional postings from Mom Knows Best at:
http://bloggermomknowsbest.blogspot.com/
where you will also find a link enabling you to subscribe directly to the blog.
Thanks.
Mom

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Help make this a better blog. Comments welcome.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home