Mom Knows Best

Useful information intended for college students and graduates starting out on their own, from daily living tips, to recipes, freebies, budgeting and much, much more.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Make a “Confetti Wish” and Watch the Ball Drop

So who doesn't watch the ball drop in Times Square on New Year's Eve? I have not missed watching that event on TV, and even twice attending it live in Times Square, since my early childhood days. Well, actually that is not quite true. One year we lived in Chicago and did not account for the time difference and when we tuned in at midnight (Central Time!) my husband and I could not understand why they were not covering the big event! Ooops.... (Mom DID NOT know best on that one!)

So many of us stop what we are doing and turn on the TV for that yearly ritual of counting down in unison to ring in the new year while the ball slowly descends. You can make it even more meaningful for you and your friends. The Times Square Alliance allows you to submit a wish online. Your wish will ultimately be printed out to become part of the abundance of confetti strewn from the heights in Times Square. Then sit back and imagine your wish flying through Times Square and being read by one of the many party goers attending the grand event. Better yet, imagine your wish coming true.

I think this is so cool. I already made my wish, but I think I will submit another.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Help make this a better blog. Comments welcome.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home